Iyengar Yoga is a systematic method of Hatha yoga named after B.K.S. Iyengar of Pune, India. It works on the principle of meditation in action. Practitoners learn a series of asanas (postures) whose components are developed over time to cultivate balance, strength and stability in the body. Props, straps, chairs and bolsters are used to safely support the body’s journey towards flexibility and ease.
At Trimetrics we offer Iyengar yoga workshop with Corinne Skrobot, B.Ed., B.Sc., PT – Workshops schedule here
Benefits of Iyengar Yoga
• Improved body strength, flexibility and stamina
• Improved organ function: digestion, elimination and circulation
• Sharpening of the intellect, improved memory, concentration and capacity for learning
• Improved quality of sleep
• Heightened general sense of well-being and vitality