Physiotherapy (physical therapy) is the art and science of evaluating and treating movement disorders in the musculoskeletal system. Registered physiotherapists at Trimetrics are university-trained health professionals. They will assess and treat your specific issues with knowledge founded on research and the experience of best practices. Our therapists are active in ongoing postgraduate studies as well as in teaching and research.
Our areas of expertise
Treatment of bones, muscles and soft tissue of the spine and limbs. We are especially focused on spine rehabilitation through our commitment to clinical Pilates.
Common issues that respond to this approach are:
- Sports injuries: Beginner to elite athlete level
- Post-fracture care
- Post-surgical rehabilitation: Post-spinal discectomy, fusion, cardiac, thoracic and abdominal surgeries, hip/knee/ankle replacement, shoulder repairs
- Women’s Health: Pre/post-natal, pelvic pain, pelvic instability, incontinence
- Muscle imbalance syndromes: Scoliosis, kyphosis, Pelvic Mal alignment
- Soft tissue/overuse injuries
Neurology & Parkinsons Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Post-CVA (stroke)
Particularly in mid-life, accumulated life stresses, physical as well as emotional, may manifest as stiffness, weakness and low vitality. We create tailored programs using exercise, acupuncture, massage and nutritional support. In addition, we will collaborate with your physician, naturopath or coach as needed to meet your time and budget goals.
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Soft tissue mobilization/myofascial release
- Cranial and visceral osteopathy
- Womens Health: pelvic floor, coccyx, bladder and bowel retraining
- Gunn intramuscular stimulation (IMS)
- Real Time Ultrasound for Core Evaluation
- Pilates-based full core exercise therapy utilizing state-of-the-art Balanced Body equipment
- Functional movement re-education including gait
- Iyengar Yoga: One-to-one or group class
- Sport-specific athletic training (soccer, basketball, hockey, skiing,
tennis and golf)
- Pre-habilitation: Pre-surgical core and flexibility work to reduce post-operative complications and expedite return to daily life
- Nordic Pole Walking for rehabilitation and fitness
Treatment times: We book 30, 45 and 60 minute appointments. Each visit is hands-on, and one-to-one only.