Trimetrics Physiotherapy Clinic offers a unique suite of services in the specialized area of women’s health. This can be a difficult and sensitive aspect of health. Trimetrics therapists are committed to caring for you in a confidential respectful manner. We will inform you about all findings and will supporting your treatment with evidence-based education.
Incontinence: bladder and bowel control
Sacroiliac, Pubic Symphisis pain and dysfunction
Pubic Symphisis pain /dysfunction
Post mastectomy Care
Pre and Post Natal Care
Assessment and treatment may include:
- Orthopedic examination of spine, pelvis upper and lower body.
- Real Time Ultrasound Assessment: This is a test similar to what you would receive at the hospital but tailored for physiotherapy so patient and therapist can see the abdominal muscles, bladder, spine muscles. This allows us to see imbalances, measure endurance of the pelvic floor muscles as well as instruct on correct use of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Internal Assessment: this is a way of allowing the therapist to evaluate the tension and strength (or lack of) in the internal pelvic muscles.
- Myofascial release: this is muscle work used to release and relax muscles that are too tight and causing pelvic floor pain or weakness.
- Intramuscular Stimulation ( IMS ) : a needling technique to release chronically tight external muscles around the lower back and hips.
- Western Acupuncture: may be used to help reduce inflammation and pain, to lower stress and to relax the patient where needed.
- Clinical Pilates Exercise. We offer unique one to one Pilates based spine stabilization and core training to ensure sustainability of results.
Registered physiotherapy and Massage Therapy are covered by most Extended Benefit Plans.
Clinical Pilates is covered as a component of physiotherapy services for short goal based treatment programs.