Meditation is the learned practice of allowing the conscious mind to become still and quiet in order that the subconscious mind may be cultivated for a variety of possible benefits.
At Trimetrics we are focused on Modern Meditation, a practical and accessible tool to align mind and body for a range of day-to-day purposes.
Typically the techniques may be used for visualization for business, sports and creative endeavours as well as for medical purposes. Most meditation techniques are cultivated using gentle breathing as a portal. We have extensive medical research to support the physiological as well as psychological benefits of meditation.
At Trimetrics we work closely with Vancouver-based psychotherapist Jonni Gray PhD, a skilled meditation teacher who offers private training and workshops to help individuals cultivate and grow their own meditation practice. Jonni will be teaching workshops at Trimetrics once a month.
Benefits of Meditation
- Improved circulation to the brain resulting in lowering of blood pressure and stress hormones, improved breathing, sleep quality and concentration
- Reduction of muscle tension and anxiety
- Enhanced immune system: research has shown meditation increases the activity of the body’s natural killer cells, reducing the impact of viruses and bacteria.
- Increases production of serotonin, the brain hormone that balances mood and behaviour – low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Increased relaxation and the ability to manage daily stress